Re: Linux and winning

Author:Dave Winer

You and I view the world quite differently!

I have no enthusiasm for Mac OS X. I think it's going to be a very painful experience that I want no part of. Apple wants us, for some reason, to ignore all the marketing they're doing to unsell the Mac as a serious system computer. All of a sudden the Mac OS is a server! I've known that for a long time, of course, that it is a fine server, we're running www.scripting.com on an old Quadra, and it never has a problem. But the lies continue. If Mac OS X is a Mac, why do we have to port there?

Sorry, porting is boring. If the Linux pressure keeps up we'll probably do something, but I don't want to start opening a developer-platform vendor relationship with the new Apple. I don't like their attitude.