Frontier 6 web server/cookies and IP aliases

Author:erik
Posted:5/18/1999; 3:01:51 PM
Topic:Frontier 6 web server/cookies and IP aliases

Say I'm on a system named trendoid.insecure.org and this system has an IP alias defined in hosts of cool.insecure.org. Now in Frontier 6 I defined everything in my #urls to have the address cool.insecure.org. Now everyone who visits this Frontier-served site gets a cookie with the alias cool.insecure.org stored. My question is what kinds of problems might this cause since when Frontier looks up the host name it is running on, it will be trendoid and not cool? I don't know if there are such lookups in the membership code, but am I missing something here? Should I put cool in the domain table?

erik