scriptingNews outline for 5/20/99

Author:Dave Winer

I was chatting with Bernie this evening about the project I've been working on and saying that DeepFun.Com was an inspiration for me, and I started talking about admin interfaces. Bernie told me about the one that Matt Daw put together for him, and I asked for a screen shot.

TQ White wrote a Letter to the Editor of the NY Times. They printed it!

News.com: What does the future hold for NSI?

Time: Vote for Person of the Century. Who is Murray N Rothbard?

Ask a smartass question..

Dan Peters of the Dallas Morning News wants to know if Frontier runs on Wolfpack server clusters. I do too!

News.com: How prime is portal real estate?

Microsoft: Cluster Server. AKA Wolfpack.

CNN: Scaling Problems at E-Trade. "Once we got down into the technology," Johnson said, "it was actually kind of scary."

O'Reilly: Voices from the Open Source Revolution. The full text of the book is there. Congratulations! Good idea.

MacWEEK: Motorola and IBM are Friends Again.

Wired: Amazon Drops Controversial Book.

ZDNet: Amazon Reverses Book Ban.