Re: Getting Stock XML - Legal?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/26/1999; 9:37:47 AM
Topic:Finding/getting XML content

That's fine, but I'm talking about stock quotes, not weblogs. Different application. Someone is going to crack the nut here, and pay the $$$ to Reuters or whoever, and provide the feed in XML. Given the economics of Internet business, the company that goes first here can probably go public with a market cap in the billions. I wonder why one of the brokerages, Schwab, e*Trade, Merrill, etc doesn't step in here and grab this market while it's open.