Re: Getting Stock XML - Legal?

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:7/26/1999; 9:47:32 AM
Topic:Finding/getting XML content

As Dave said:

We could put an section in any XML we serve, and if you're playing by the rules, you would include the ad (it would be brief, and link back to our site) in whatever rendering you do, and that would be our business model.

The system could be easily set up so that 1) to get the flow you need to be registered (for free) with the provider. 2) the provider monitors the traffic flowing from subscribers, and if you scrap the ads they don't get the clickthrus. No Clickthrus, No Flow. Easy.

--Steve