Internal Database Error

Author:Jared Jackson
Posted:7/30/1999; 11:32:40 AM
Topic:Internal Database Error

I am receiving the following error message:

"Internal Database Error: Attempted to read a free block - Try to save a copy and relaunch with the new database."

Here's what happened. I'm using Frontier 6.0 on a Mac G3 350MHz Blue and White model with MacOS 8.6. When I loaded an image into the image table (on a web site within a guest database), I renamed the image. I then (by habit) closed the window which closed the database I was working with. When I tried to reopen the xxxx.root, I get this error message. Then the program freezes and I have to reboot the computer. This has happened twice and each time the guest database is no long usable. (After the first time I started saving a copy frequently).

I don't know whether it is something I am doing wrong or perhaps an incompatibility issue (I recently went from MacOS 8.5.1 to 8.6).

If you can help point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jared Jackson