Re: Is it a Free Speech issue?

Author:Chris Hanson
Posted:8/12/1999; 2:03:19 PM
Topic:Letter to Infoworld

It's definitely a free-speech issue.

If I post a URL to an article on my web site, that's no different than reading someone's address to a friend over the telephone (or a loudspeaker), or referring to an article in a print publication in a bibiography.

We absolutely must not allow the corporate world to trample these rights. The business world controls far too much of our society as it is; we need to fight its encroachment on our rights at every turn and in every form if we're to prevent our individual liberties from revocation in favor of corporate serfdom.