Re: Unicase vs Case-sensitive filenames

Author:Neil Kohl
Posted:11/5/1999; 12:12:56 PM
Topic:A question for Apache gurus

I assume you mean that Apache is case *sensitive*, not case-insensitive -- it is if your filesystem is case-sensitive.

mod_speling, which is included in the distribution but is not compiled in by default, does two things: it makes URLs case-insensitive, and it will fix up to one spelling error. There are a couple of gotchas about using it; I mention them in this article:

http://kohlweb.com/neil/papers/login-apache-modules.txt

Hope this helps...