LinkWatcher problems?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/8/1999; 8:42:12 AM
Topic:weblog search engine

Michal, I thought you were going to point to Scripting News from LinkWatcher. I looked at your site, and even though Scripting News has been updated several times this morning, it doesn't show up in your list.

http://www.linkwatcher.com/metalog/

Ooops, on second glance, there it is, at 1:30, far down the list. Now I wonder if LinkWatcher has a bug, or if there's a bug in my understanding of how it works.

Another question, is the list of weblogs you watch open or proprietary? In other words, if I wanted to compete, would I be able to build on your list or whould I have to reinvent the wheel?

BTW, this is my complaint with Jorn's weblog FAQ. I already have so much work to do, I'd rather just point to his FAQ, but he doesn't point to Scripting News.