Re: Microsoft to Lease Office

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/10/1999; 7:27:29 AM
Topic:Microsoft to Lease Office

Yeah but the Office user interface is built around printers.

This reminds me of the minicomputer apps that ran on early PCs. Everyone that used minicomputers thought it was great. I couldn't figure it out. I think eventually they all switched to Word and dBASE or FileMaker and MacWrite. And then came PageMaker and blew out all the paradigms.

This seems like a band-aid to me.