Re: A proposal for XML calendars

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:12/18/1999; 12:42:06 PM
Topic:A proposal for XML calendars

Re: every second monday

I left that off because I figured it'd be relatively easy to build scripts to generate XML that had all of those entries in them, and because almost always there are exceptions (especially now, around the holiday season).

It's also the case that while the NBMA main meeting is on the third Thursday (or whatever it is), the speaker for it is different every night. And the Point Richmond Scotch Night is every Thursday except when it's not, so trying to plan that as a recurring event would have too many exceptions.

Obviously I should whip up a "first Tuesday" framework generator Perl script as one of my test apps.