Codename Pike

Author:Jeff Cheney
Posted:12/18/1999; 3:06:07 PM
Topic:Codename Pike

Excellent choice!

"Y'all hear that? We're using code names."

 — Evelle Snopes, Raising Arizona

My family moved to Colorado Springs in late 1967, when I was a mere eighteen months old. I grew up in the shadow of Pike's Peak. It's truly a magnificent mountain. It's pretty easy to see how it inspired Katharine Lee Bates to write "America the Beautiful".

And they serve really great donuts at the top! ;-)