an editthispage.com idea:

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:2/6/2000; 11:50:31 PM
Topic:an editthispage.com idea:

I was reading http://www.metafilter.com when a small idea came to me: 1) when you create a "story" in your own editthispage.com site, you have an option to "nominate" it as a top level story. 2) the main editthispage.com editor (or some sub-person) looks over the nominated story, and if chosen places it on the top - level editthispage.com site. 3) this creates a sort of slashdot/metafilter like site which is the collective talent of all the editthispage.com authors.

4) going further, perhaps there are 3 or 4 different types of top level sites - like technology, news, entertainment, etc. which - when you nominate your article - you choose which category you'd like your story to be considered in. Then the editor for that section reviews it.

It would be like an -auto generated metafilter style site.

5) another idea - as a member of editthispage.com - I choose which site's news I want to see. Then, when I go to the editthispage.com top level page, I see the interleaving of all of the site's information (new stories) for that day.

6)another idea - every editthispage.com site has an option to show a "voting" window. Every story could be rated by viewers of each site's news. Then, every hour or so, a page is generated showing the top 100 news stories of all the editthispage.com sites. Older stories automatically fall off after a while so that new stories can appear.