Digiscents revisited

Author:Keola Donaghy
Posted:2/7/2000; 9:52:49 AM
Topic:Digiscents revisited

Aloha kakou,

I'm researching a paper for a graduate telecomm class I'm in at UH-Manoa. The topic is information validity onthe web, and we're supposed to look for cases of blatent misinformation and hoaxes on the web.

I remembered the DigiScents thread of a few months ago, and going through the discussion group messages on the topic and the few links I find in them, and from what I've been able to find so far I still can't figure out if this was a hoax that ZDNet and others bought into, or something real that is so improbable that people just took it for a hoax. The www.digiscents.com link now 404s. Wired and Salon's earch engines turn up no clues.

Any help is appreciated.

Aloha,

keola