Re: scriptingNews outline for 2/8/00

Author:Nick Beadman

Dave,

I think that Peter might be slightly confused, as I am pretty sure that there is no serial number in the PowerPC. What I think Adobe are using is the Ethernet Hardware Address which every PowerMac has thanks to built in Ethernet networking.

There is very little that can be done about this as it is really easy to programatically read this number. The number also exists in any PC which has an Ethernet card as all cards have to have a unique hardware address.

To see yours go to the TCP/IP control panel and click "Info" it will appear in the dialog.

Nick