ie doesn't support css whitespace? :-(

Author:Thomas A. Creedon
Posted:2/8/2000; 2:13:16 PM
Topic:ie doesn't support css whitespace? :-(

Hello all,

The following HTML/Cascading Style Sheet snippet works fine in Netscape but doesn't work in Internet Explorer. IE doesn't support the whitespace attribute! :-(

this is an example.

...as html...

this is an example.

I've been diggin' around on Microsoft's website but I can't seem to find a substitute for the whitespace attribute. :-(

Can anyone help me out?

I'd like to find a CSS solution to this problem. I'd like to avoid the pre tag or JavaScript code that checks browsers and builds HTML/CSS based on the browser. I'll do it if I have to, but would rather not. :-)

Thanks,

Toodle-loooooooo..........
Thomas