Re: wish: email gateway for xml-rpc

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:3/1/2000; 6:48:08 PM
Topic:wish: email gateway for xml-rpc

yes, but what would the email message look like? just the xml of the payload?

In my cases, the message body is akin to the information that is entered into the form in the html page. Subject == title, Body == body, and username/password/servername and other items are set up on a user by user basis on the mailserver.

So my setup is specific to the usernames that I'm dealing with. But it's definately possible to do more with more constraints on the contents of the email message. Technically, you could probably send an xml-rpc message over smtp, since in both cases, you're dealing with a mime message.

eric