Stupid people?

Author:Will Cate
Posted:3/8/2000; 4:15:41 PM
Topic:Stupid people?

Let me see if I've got this straight, Dave (no pun intended): The 61% of Californian voters who voted for Prop 22 are all stupid? My gosh, how do they all remember how to get to work in the morning?

I don't live in California, probably never will, so it's not that big a deal to me, but I'm constantly amazed at how the Bay Area tends to think it is California, and everyone else is just intolerant, hateful, whatever.

Prop 22 passed in all of California but 5 counties, all Bay Area counties. It wasn't even close. I have gay friends and family members whom I love dearly. But, like it or not, a majority of Americans (and apparently Californians) believe that a legal, on-paper marriage is between a man and a woman.

This does not, however, make them stupid.