Re: Servers for Manila

Author:Kurt J. Egger

In the server market, there is no single outstanding vendor. By this time we should have a single default choice, one company that makes the best servers, who responds when there are problems, and has deep roots in the user community. No such vendor exists, but we're offering to try to help one of them become that.

I´m currently checking out 1U rack-mountable Intel Servers. You may look at http://www.networkengines.com/. They developed an interesting machine called "Blazer" and licensed it to IBM (aka Netfinity 4000R) and VA Linux (aka 1000 Server).

Kurt J. Egger