Request from text reader.

Author:William Crim
Posted:5/1/2000; 6:52:04 PM
Topic:Request from text reader.

I have a small request. At the very top of a page(or close by), could you provide a link(anchor) to the main content? When I read Manila-ish sites with a text based browser, I have to scroll through several pages of sidebar text before I get to the main content. It would be nice if there were a non-visible link(1x1 pixel transparent gif link with ALT="Main Content") that would only be visible if people were either using a text based browser or a screen reader for the blind.

Perhaps this could be a configurable option? I wouldn't ask normally, but I can't configure this myself since I can't get "outside the box" as it were. :-)

Thanks.