Re: Firewalls, Hooray

Author:Donald W. Larson

I was channel surfing and saw someone on CNN(?) saying that there were now personal firewalls which were like the corporate firewalls of old. People could get access to your files over the internet, and it happened every day. The speaker implied that these firewalls would have prevented this problem. I nearly choked.

I find that often CNN does not do adequate research before going live with the information. In this latest example, they seem to imply that every computer user is affected. Why can't they say only Windows users were affected? Those of us using Mac's are unfazed by this Microsoft OS fiasco; same for Be's users. CNN should use its position to be a lot more informative instead of being an alarmist news media unaware of the larger picture in the computing world.

Don

http://www.sandiegodon.com/