Re: MSIE on Macintosh?

Author:peter solderitsch
Posted:5/12/2000; 6:56:46 AM
Topic:MSIE on Macintosh?

Sure. The browser has little or nothing to do with SOAP or XML-RPC.

The best place to ask for support for these technologies is in the Mac OS, hidden behind the interfaces of the Apple Event Manager.

Roger that. I'll have to double-check my original post, I also asked about support for XML standards (as opposed to XML-RPC in particular. At least I meant to be more general).

However, what about technologies that the browser does have much to do with, any future features or enhancements that are sure to be rolled into the Windows version?

One of the big drumbeats by Microsoft upon the release of the new-ish IE 5/Mac was that webpages render more similarly to IE/Windows. That sounds to me more and more like a hollow promise. I guess we'll have to wait and see.