Re: scriptingNews outline for 5/30/2000

Author:Wesley Felter

Key point: The record companies permit KFOG to play music over the Internet. So they have *some* terms that allow this. I of course want to know what those terms are.

The terms are pretty interesting. You can't take requests. You can't say what you're going to play ahead of time. You can't play more than n songs by one artist in an hour, etc.

And here's a fun one: "A webcaster must disable copying by a transmission recipient if in possession of the technology to do so". Since the technology doesn't exist, then I guess we don't have to worry about it. ";->"

Apparently the ASCAP thinks Internet radio is more dangerous than good ol' FM, because regular radio stations don't have as many limitations.