hearme.com

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/1/2000; 10:12:20 AM
Topic:hearme.com

I just got this email from Charles Herrera at hearme.com:

Dave, Saw your query in today's scripting news. (phone to web). Dial the phone, connect to a server, leave a voice message, get an email with a link to the message. Click the URL to get the message streamed back to you (thus no big file download).

I can't say we have this exact solution in place today as a product, however, we have all the parts you need in place and with a little scripting, I'm sure you could build it. Take a look at HearMe's VoiceNetwork 2.0 software. Unfortunately we're still in the "just released" stages and our web site isn't quite up to the details you'll be looking for. Here's a summary:

Generally the software has 3 components - conferencing, click&talk (pc to phone or vice-versa) and voiceobjects (messaging). By using a combination of these (voiceobjects and click&talk) you could create your solution. There are two ways to do it - roll your own, or "hosted" where we provide the service to you on our servers/gateways and you just pay some sort of fee.

If you're interested in more info, I can hook you up with the right people this end. And yes, we have competitors so there are others in this market as well, however, we are standards (H.323 and SIP) based and we work through all firewalls, which is more than our top competitors can say. The servers run on Linux and the clients (ocx/plugin) are Windows with Mac coming (maybe Linux too).

Charles Herrera
Operations Manager
HearMe, Inc.
charles@hearme.com