ETP site adoption agency + auto syndication ideas...

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:6/1/2000; 10:01:19 AM
Topic:ETP site adoption agency + auto syndication ideas...

It would be sooo coool if sites which peak early and fall off (svgnewbies, for example) could have access to a "site adoption service" which allows another soul to come in and take it over to keep it going properly. This way the sites stay more stable and the overall quality of sites increase!

(so me as a new ETP user, could go to Adoptions.etp.com and see a list of all the sites "up for adoption" with links to the original owner. Then ownership could pass to the new person after some approval time)

In addition to this, it would be great to have a way to create stories which are not connected to any given ETP site, but which could get "picked up" by ETP sites which want to use them (sure, syndication, but on a one-off basis).

For instance, I want to host stories on my site which have keywords like Dreamweaver, Macromedia, etc. I could write a "rule" which scours the daily story landscape and builds a "search results" kind of thing - but the actual result is that that story shows up in a quadrant of my own ETP site - automatically - with the Author's link and info already included!!!

Imagine if you then opened this up to xml-rpc so say Slashdot could sponge off this service as well! Auto-keyword-based-syndication on a one-off basis.

Then you as the Author, could come to your own ETP site, and post stories, and watch over time how many other sites "pick it up".

Then, me as a reader, may find myself reading a lot of stories by "Joe Cool" and then come to his ETP site - which has _all_ of his stories - at his hub.

Dreaaaaam dream dream dreamm.....