Re: Multiple Discussion Groups?

Author:Jeff Cheney
Posted:6/6/2000; 5:26:48 PM
Topic:Multiple Discussion Groups?

Here's my situation.

I have a number of sites:

http://www.foo.com/siteA/
http://www.foo.com/siteB/
http://www.foo.com/siteC/
http://www.foo.com/siteD/

Sites A, B, and C belong to individual departments within the company. Site D is supposed to be the company wide forum (though they prefer to call it topics). Within this site they'd like to have several discusssion groups for things such as:

* volunteer programs
* housing available/wanted
* Items for sale
* General discussion (instead of spamming the company)

It would be really cool if each of these could have their own "/discuss" and "/discuss/topics" pages.

If I were to make separate sites for each of these Discussion Groups, then I would only want the Discussion Group part of the site, i.e. I would want the "/discuss" page to be the home page of each of these sites.

Am I making any sense?