41 Shots-Bruce Springstein

Author:Fred Grott
Posted:6/13/2000; 5:28:35 AM
Topic:41 Shots-Bruce Springstein

Sorry lost the link this morning but Bruce worte a song called 41 shots that is being released this week...

its title 41 shots and is about the shooting of an American in New York City 41 times..tragic because the person shot died for no crime other than living....

In typical Bryce style he evites thinking..paraphrasing.."You can die for living in Your Amercian Skin"

The reason why it caught me this monring other than I am from the Boss generation..The New York Ploice association wants to prohibit their memebers from servering as security at the concerts where this song is played..I listen the lyrics this morning on the news..not one mention is made to encourage listenrs to civil disobediance or other illegal acts as the police association has charged..its kind of sad for those who wnat to change New Yorks undeserved reputation...