Re: Global Outliner?

Author:Rob Bender
Posted:6/23/2000; 11:21:20 AM
Topic:Global Outliner?

In the design I'm working on, any node in the outline can be a reference to another outline.

Ah, much better!

Unfortunately, I haven't really worked with outliners much, except for the Windows Explorer and similar apps (I downloaded Frontier v5 and bought the OReilly book, but never got around to playing with it), but one complaint is that as you dig deeper, your screen gets filled up the previous stuff. The current item may have focus, but its competing with alot of visual clutter. In a web-outline system where items can reach an infitine depth, that's alot of clutter. Is it possible to click a "linked" outline and have it open a new window or replace the current screen, the way web browsers do when you traverse links?