Re: fallacies

Author:David Brown

This appeals to me.

This appeals to me too.

I've already gone out and bought albums based on what I've downloaded from Napster.

I WANT to be able to pay the artist. I believe they should be able to make a living doing what they do.

But that's not what the "music industry" is set up to do. They are set up to make money off of the distribution of that artistic output. That's the point of what Courtney Love was talking about... I thought the most telling point was that of all of the albums released each year, an extremely small percentage sell more than 10,000 copies.

The model has always been broken, Napster only illustrates WHY.

dave