Re: fallacies

Author:Karl Martino

I'd sign on for this too Dave. It sounds right to me.

BTW I do think you're right that all musicians do not need money as the main motivating factor for them to write.

I write music. I do it for free. Actually, I do it for my sanity's sake. I've played gig's for pretty much nothing except the huge honor of be heard and sometimes even sung along with. Nothing in this universe equals that thrill. I wish I had more resources to record and distribute what me and my friends have done. It would be fun and exciting. Just doing it.

I think that's where the money comes in to play - getting the larger audience. It takes knowledge and heavy resources to go that next step.

I run PhillyFuture. Again, not just for free, but to have a forum to express my concerns over Philly and to be a cheerleader for something I love.

I really appreciate the infrastructure you've put in place so people with needs like mine can build sites like it. It's a testament to you, your team, Manila and Frontier. A real creativity tool for writing. Hell, I'm using outliners in EMACS now damn it (which is not as sweet as Frontier's, but that's neither here nor there...).

Which get's me thinking... is there a business in doing something like EditThisPage for musicians? I mean, MP3.com does a lot, but it's not exactly a recording tool for musicians. It's a distribution tool. EditThisPage is both a composition and distribution tool.

Awww.. that's crazy ain't it? Oh well... I can dream :)