Re: fallacies

Author:Dave Winer

I'd prefer if it worked like cable. Pay a flat monthly rate for music, say $30 per month, distributed to the artists based on the amount of time people spend listening to the music.

I proposed a similar model for Mac software to John Sculley's Apple in the early 90s, as a way to incentivize developers to distribute their software freely.

I like this model because the charge is flat and automatic, and easy. I'd sign up in a second.