Announcing Bookmark.editthispage.com

Author:Russell Lipton
Posted:7/12/2000; 9:25:09 PM
Topic:Announcing Bookmark.editthispage.com

Not just to get ink.

Perhaps this relates a bit to Evangelizing Frontier and my own personal need to organize not only the Userland space but the broader Two-Way Net space.

The idea is to get some of the community active as editors to filter sites, books, articles et al and to "grow" the (no doubt) improvisationally added news items on such a site into a reasonably coherent (no doubt, "outline-driven" ;-) hierarchy (hierarchies thanks to metadata plug-in and Dave's upcoming world outline, I'm sure).

Discussions can be attached to the news items, of course. How else can people argue about whether a given site should be canonized into bookmark.edithispage.com's "official" hotlists?

Hey, minimally, I'll use it, which is the whole point to weblogs. Let a gazillion weblogs bloom. Then, order them.

If it leads to something better, cool. If it is something better, cool too.

I swore I wouldn't get hooked by a piece of software ever again. It looks like I may have lied.

(Postscript: I'm starting to grok Manila but am still the merest baby with Frontier. Ultimately, something like this will benefit from all sorts of Frontier scripting hacks. Help solicited, believe me).

aka HeadDuffer
duffer.editthispage.com
bookmark.editthispage.com