Re: fallacies

Author:Carlos Eberhardt

Sorry if I'm jumping in late on this one, but I'm curious to know why people would pay so much for MP3's. I've downloaded a few just for the heck of it, and I tried Napster once to find a specific Nillson song, and the quality leaves me nonplussed. (I generally stick with shorten compressed audio of taper-friendly bands for my downloaded music (see http://www.etree.org) I think MP3 is great for streaming, and I wouldn't mind having one of those little portable devices I could rip my cd's onto for hours of tunes at work, but when I want to really enjoy the music, the quality just isn't there for 'em. Of course, I'm probably coming off like a snobbish 'audiophile' - maybe I am. Maybe I'm just weird. Call me nuts, but lately I've found that part of me wants the MP3 craze not to get industry support, for fear that getting a lossless copy of the music is going to become more expensive and difficult.