Eight Miles High

Author:Will Cate
Posted:7/13/2000; 8:38:24 AM
Topic:Eight Miles High

Thank you so much for posting the text of Roger McGuinn's speech on Capitol Hill. I've loved the Byrds music all my life. I had no idea he'd been so screwed by the labels, but I'm hardly suprised.

Last year I purchased the Byrds' 4-CD boxed retrospective (which is superb), for about $40. Bet he didn't make any money off that, either.

Like I said in this space months ago, the old-line record labels are a bunch of thievin' weasels who have been ripping off you, and artists, for decades.