Re: Cooper's piece

Author:Daryl
Posted:7/14/2000; 8:01:21 AM
Topic:Cooper's piece

The trouble is that it can also be perceived as a description of Scripting News.

The topic change is written so poorly that to the casual observer, Dave could be painted as one of the misogynistic "Conspiracy Buffs". So, even though the facts are wrong, some damage HAS been done. The aphorism about mud-slinging is all too true.

It's a sad fact that ZDNet throws up these articles every couple of weeks to help increase their banner ad hits. The pattern's more or less the same each time: Find a high-volume website. Post a derogatory article aimed at the website's audience. Wait for the website to link to the article. Roll in the hits.

For the record, I find Dave's writings to be some of the most interesting, enlightening and inspiring that I've ever found on the web. But enough butt-kissing.

D.