Preview: Napster.Weblogs.Com

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/16/2000; 11:37:37 PM
Topic:Preview: Napster.Weblogs.Com

Tomorrow we're going to start a new weblog.

http://napster.weblogs.com/

I've been covering Napster so much, I want to have a separate thread, not unlike the SOAP weblog, that just covers music on the Internet.

We're setting this site up to be static (ie very scalable) from day one. We hope to be able to be one of the authoritative places for news and ideas relating to music-on-the-Internet, not just for fans, but for the artists too.

I'm also talking daily with the people at Napster. And this evening I got email from Steve Wozniak, he's also been working with musicians, for many years.

There won't be any MP3s on the site. Further we want to pay for music. There's a lot more on the site about this. It may not come online for a few hours.

Anyway, welcome to the new world!

"cheesecake"