Jefferson on Intellectual Property

Author:Paul Snively
Posted:7/18/2000; 11:14:15 AM
Topic:Jefferson on Intellectual Property

The more I read about people's notions of "Intellectual Property," the more questionable I find the concept. Having done a little digging, I apparently am not the only one with questions. Thomas Jefferson, founder of the US Patent Office, also had some questions about its proper application. An excellent summary of those questions can be found at <http://earlyamerica.com/review/winter2000/jefferson.html>. A must-read.