Re: Rebuttal

Author:Dave Winer

You're probably right, I can imagine circumstances under which it would probably be OK with me to cross the line. Say a terrorist got hold of a nuclear weapon and a reporter had the information, and knew who the terrorist is and where they are. I'd like to see the First Amendment take a back seat in that situation. But a picture of a computer that's being announced in two days? I don't think the potential damage to Apple shareholders comes close to the value of a free press. Even their relationship with Ric Ford is worth more, not to mention all the freedom-loving Mac users with minds and their own values.