Edit This Page

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:7/19/2000; 2:12:59 PM
Topic:Edit This Page

I'm surprised there hasn't been any commentary on Apple's new Edit This Page functionality.

It's actually very nice, and starting to slowly close in on some of the core strengths of EditThisPage, but not yet approaching the substance of Manila itself.

I love the drag/drop of slides in the browser. Very slick.

I must admit, this is getting really interesting. I can now get a full-blown DV setup for under $2k, with very nice editing tools that my wife would feel comfortable using, and for a bit of money ($1/MB/year) get enough Akamai-enabled bandwidth to host movies for my family scattered around the US.

Apple's developed a new talent: finding prices for things that at first seem too high (iDisk space is ~100x the cost of HD space), yet still manage to get you to open your wallet after you've talked yourself into it a bit (that quality of hosting isn't much cheaper for small volume). A number of other people have also commented that they find themselves spending more than they expected...