Re: Open Source -- a world onto itself

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:7/21/2000; 9:43:07 AM
Topic:Open Source -- a world onto itself

Phil's writings helped me get started too. He does rub some people the wrong way, but he's certainly figured out how to do well by giving things away. The Arsdigita code has always been free, and it's the foundation for an awfully lucrative software business. His book has always been on the Web, and now I see it prominently displayed in bookstores (though they wouldn't use the original title, "How to Be a Web Whore Just Like Me"). Now he's giving away free MIT comp sci educations, and I expect that will help his business too.