Discuss (et al.?) formatting - width harmful

Author:Tom von Alten
Posted:7/22/2000; 12:10:24 PM
Topic:Discuss (et al.?) formatting - width harmful

I notice the discussion pages have pixel width settings on the table cells. I notice because I ended up with a horizontal scroll bar while trying to read through one of the threads today.

A certain amount of format control from the sender is OK - like forcing the left column to a useful minimum (i.e. pixel) width. But the bulk of the page shouldn't be set to 600 pixels (say); let it fill up what's left (er, what's right). That way if I want to read with short lines, or long lines, I can. And no icky horizontal scrolling.

Thanks for your consideration, whoever makes these things come and go.