Re: The source responds

Author:Tom von Alten
Posted:7/22/2000; 12:26:31 PM
Topic:Microsoft Disconnect

I don't see how the screen shot shows the issue is moot. You can put up with a zillion confirmation dialogs for doubleclick cookies, you can turn the feature off (conveniently or not), or you can run away from all the mass consumption sites that use doubleclick and their ilk.

You can refuse to accept cookies now, of course, or refuse to accept cookies sent back to a different server. But no one who's turned on that "warn me" method has left it on for long, I'd guess. If you're really serious about opting out, you need something like Junkbusters.

I've had a lot more to say on this stuff earlier this year, with other useful resource links.