Radio Userland & Proxies

Author:Steven Vore
Posted:7/26/2000; 8:03:09 AM
Topic:Radio Userland & Proxies

I know that work was done a few months back on getting Pike to work through a firewall, and hope that something similar is/can be done with the new app as well.

May I request that it be made as seamless as possible for those of us who move between a corporate (behind firewall) net and other (non-firewall) nets?

There are some apps that "use the browser's proxy" and can therefore tell (on my laptop with IE, anyway) if I'm at the office or at home. This is a good thing, something a laptop user like myself thinks should be in every app.

Others can't - the need to visit tools|options|proxies each morning and evening can be annoying.

Future enhancement, perhaps, but please consider it.

-Steven