Re: I have a slow line now

Author:Mike Gauland
Posted:7/27/2000; 1:44:54 PM
Topic:I have a slow line now

I'm deleting those messages to save other people with slow lines the trouble.

Thanks, Dave! I get a good connection from work, but at home I'm lukcy to get close to 28.8. We're too far away for ISDN or DSL, and the cable company wants $30,000 to bring service to our house!

Personally, I believe everyone involved in the internet—especially web designers—should be required to, at least once in a while, surf the net at 28.8, with a few-years-old computer (bonus points for alternating between older versions of the MacOS and Windows, extra, extra points for adding Linux to the mix) and a small screen (640x480). I'll bet even Bill Gates gets stuck with a slow connection now and then.