Re: Jewish VEEP -- does it mean anything?

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:8/7/2000; 10:10:35 PM
Topic:Jewish VEEP -- does it mean anything?

Yes, I agree with you. His faith and for that matter, anyone else's (or lack of faith) should not be a factor and should not have been brought up.

I think the religion angle is important, and interesting, for what it says about America, not what it says about his ability.

What's notable is that we've finally reached the point where a Jewish person - can be put on the ticket - at all.

The other notable part is that this raises the issue of how the US public will respond.