Re: I patent breathing. I was here first. Quit breathing.

Author:Redmonk Steve
Posted:8/12/2000; 7:48:44 AM
Topic:I patent breathing. I was here first. Quit breathing.

A point of note in the comparison between Macromedia and Adobe's palettes. Tha tabbed palette was first seen, I believe, in NeXT's OS, NeXTSTEP. I think the color picker in Freehand at the moment is almost a tab-for-tab duplication of the system picker in NeXTSTEP. Freehand started out as a drawing program on NeXTSTEP, was purchased by Aldus, then by Macromedia. So a case might be made that Macromedia's product has had tabbed palettes before Adobe's products. Later I'll see if I can find the links.

--Steve