Character Sets in RU

Author:Steven Vore
Posted:8/15/2000; 9:08:35 AM
Topic:Character Sets in RU

Is there an attempt being made, or should there be, to force artist names or song titles into a particular character set?

For example, I've got music by Irish artist Máire Brennan on my system here. When I try to view my history.xml with IE5.5, it's default method of viewing returns this:

An Invalid character was found in text content. Line 15, Position 23

I don't know enough about XML (yet, I'm doing my best to learn) to know if this is an "error" about which we should be concerned or just a limitation of IE5's defaults.

- Steven

[(later) Drat. This was supposed to be over in RU's discussion area. My bad. should I re-post there?]

[(even later) Ah, looks like the topic's been brought up anyway. Good.]