Re: scriptingNews outline for 8/18/2000

Author:Ian Beatty

Here's a screen shot of our newest Radio UserLand framework called nodeTypes. There's a narrative in the rightmost window that explains what's going on. Be sure to expand the window fully, don't miss the narrative, it's key to understanding.

*Bing!* I get it. I finally get it.

Radio Userland (RU) isn't about music, it's about connecting anything to anything, anywhere on the net, in realtime, with all the viewing and authoring power of outliners. Music was just the push that got it growing.

My God, the possibilities that this opens up...

... I want to put bibliographies online this way, so researchers can access each other's reference lists, perhaps click an item to read or download the associated paper,...

... Can we hook RU up to a browser, such that "opening" an HTML nodeType in an outline opens it in the browser, and clicking on a web page link to an outline/xml document opens it in RU? Doesn't sound too hard...

... Hook up a "Word" or "Excel" nodeType, to open in Word or Excel, and you've got a parallel file system browser and document archiving/organizing system...

I'm going to step out for some air.

-- Ian