Re: ESR and Apple's irrelevance

Author:Zac
Posted:8/28/2000; 9:54:58 AM
Topic:ESR and Apple's irrelevance

Back on the second hand, Unix and Linux system administration involves such a rat's nest of /etc files, providing so many ways to hose yourself (I think I find a new one every month :-), that MacOS X may have the last laugh.

This was part of the reason why there was so much discussion on the OS X developers lists about using text versus binary preferences for apps and system settings. Text files are good for developers and advanced users but not as good fo the rest of the users (IMNSHO).