RSS Survey

Author:Andrew Duncan
Posted:9/5/2000; 6:02:51 AM
Topic:RSS Survey

Jeez, I don't know which of the choices to choose.

Part of me wants to leave it as is (#1) or enhance it slightly (#2), since RSS 0.91 is a known quantity and it's easy for non-programmers to get their heads around.

Another part of me wants #3 or #4, because that would open a range of possibilities that are beyond the reach of the current format. TBL's Semantic Web more or less demands those more advanced possibilities (imho) before his vision can be realised. I guess that assumes one shares his vision, but still...

I'm reminded of writing Mac software -- the coding job is harder, but that makes the user's job easier. I take DW's point that increasing the complexity of RSS requires better tools for creating RSS.

Oy, what to do? Morse Code Syndication Format sounds like a better idea all the time! ;o)